The skin’s needs change as we age. Here are the best anti aging treatments we recommend at Rubywaxx beauty therapy in Auckland:
Best anti aging treatments for 20-somethings
At this age, prevention is better than a cure. If you use good quality skincare products daily, then in ten years’ time you won’t look ten years older. Using a good sunscreen in summer is a must – that’s one thing that’ll make the biggest difference as you get older.
Next, regular exfoliating, cleansing and moisturising will keep your skin glowing and have you looking your best, and the products you use at home should be tailor-made to your skin’s needs (oily, combination, dry, prone to acne, etc.). Good in-salon treatments for someone in their twenties include facials, chemical peels, and microhydrabrasion.
Best anti aging treatments for people in their thirties
By the time you reach your thirties, you might notice the odd fine line starting to appear – especially around your eyes or on your forehead. Continuing the use of a good sunscreen is a must, and a good at-home skincare routine is crucial to keep further signs of ageing at bay. Be sure to cleanse and exfoliate regularly, use good serums and moisturisers, and incorporate a hydrating night cream into your evening beauty routine. However, it’s important to note you’ll find that in-salon anti-ageing treatments will boost your efforts in a way that at-home treatments can’t do by themselves.
- Microhydrabrasion to deep cleanse your skin.
- Aspect face peels: these can be anti-ageing, fight pigmentation problems, or deal with acne. They are incredibly powerful treatments for the price.
- IPL is even more powerful than the Aspect face peels for skin rejuvenation, and over a course of treatments can really zap fine lines, enlarged pores, age spots, pigmentation, facial veins and redness whilst improving skin texture.
- Microneedling is a great treatment to start in your thirties for eliminating wrinkles, as this anti-ageing treatment actually stimulates your skin to produce more collagen.
- Studies show that using cosmetic injectables in your thirties can actually keep those pesky wrinkles at bay – meaning it’s a fantastic, powerfully preventative tool.
Best anti aging treatments for those in their forties and beyond
Hopefully by now you’ll be used to a comprehensive at-home anti-ageing program with quality skincare products and serums. And if in-salon anti-ageing treatments were a luxury in your thirties, you’ll probably find that they’ve taken on a new significance:
- Microhydrabrasion gets your skin clean and glowing.
- Face peels and IPL skin rejuvenation deal with those pesky signs of ageing you want to zap away.
- Microneedling is highly effective in minimising wrinkles and also in improving your skin’s texture.
- Many people choose to have regular Botox® and other cosmetic injectables.
Botox®, Dysport® and Xeomin® are Prescription Medicines containing 100, 500 and 100 (respectively) units of clostridium botulinum Type A toxin complex for injection. It is used for the treatment of severe frown lines of the face. It should be administered only by trained medical professionals. Arrange a consultation to discuss the benefits/risks of this procedure in appearance medicine.
Cautions: people with defective neuromuscular transmission disorders, presence of infection at site of injection, glaucoma, pregnancy and lactation. Possible side effects include headaches, pain, burning or redness at injection site, local muscle weakness including drooping eyelids, lack of feeling and nausea. If you have side effects or concerns speak to a doctor. A charge applies.
Note: Botox® and Dysport® treatment lasts about 4 months and after this time further courses of treatment could be necessary. Arrange a consultation to discuss your own situation.
XEOMIN is a registered trademark of Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA.
Botox® is a registered trademark of Allergan, Inc.
Dysport® is a registered trademark of Ipsen Biopharm Limited.