Are you fed up with skin treatments that promise the world and deliver little? Aspect face peels change all that: they deliver truly transformational results. Many people see visible results after just one session. You have the option of either a 30-minute face peel treatment, or a one-hour treatment.
Aspect chemical peels are tailor made to your skin’s needs, and there are treatments for:
- Uneven pigmentation
- Acne treatment
- Anti-ageing treatment.
If you want maximum results in minimal time, a face peel is for you!
Don’t just take our word for it – here’s what a Rubywaxx customer told us about her experience of an Aspect organic skin peel at Rubywaxx:
“My skin looks five years younger than it did last week”
“I’ve been battling stress-related acne for over six months, and no matter how religiously I applied pharmacy and prescription treatments, it didn’t go away.
When I heard about the 30-minute Aspect face peel, I figured it was worth a try. I had my first treatment a week ago, and I think my skin looks five years younger than it did last week. My skin looks so good, even my partner noticed the difference!
I’ve been using my take-home kit and I’m thrilled – I haven’t had any more acne or blemishes since. I’ve already re-booked as it’s a real boost having skin this clear and radiant.”
– CL, North Shore, Auckland
Face peel FAQs
What kind of treatment is the Aspect face peel, and how does it work?
It is a salicylic acid skin peel. Salicylic acid chemical peels remove the outer layers of skin without damaging the layers underneath: these are forced to regenerate. This gives smoother, softer, plumper skin that softens fine lines and reduces sun damage. It’s also great for younger but tired skin, as well as for treating acne.
How should I prepare for my face peel?
Two weeks prior to your skin peel treatment stop, discontinue or do not have the following treatments:
- Waxing of any areas to be treated by your peel.
- Depilatory use in any treated area.
- Electrolysis of any treatment area.
- IPL hair removal treatments.
- Sun exposure to the area to be treated. (Use SPF30 if you do need to be outside.)
- Chemical treatments of any kind including any alpha hydroxy acid treatments (AHA).
- Hair colour or chemical treatments of any type.
What can I expect during the skin peel treatment?
- The skin will be thoroughly cleansed and balanced.
- The peel will then be gently massaged onto the skin.
- A hot, burning sensation in some areas may be experienced.
- A tingling pins-and-needles type of feeling may be experienced, as well as mild discomfort.
- Skin may start to feel tight.
Your Rubywaxx therapist will make sure you’re comfortable – and even clients who claim to have low pain thresholds have been fine! So just lie back and relax – you’re in safe hands!
What do I have to do after the face peel?
Here’s what you need to know:
- Your recovery time will be influenced by the type of skin peel treatment you’ve received and your individual skin’s response. Rubywaxx will discuss with you the individual time frame you should expect.
- Sun exposure: avoid direct sun for five to 10 days.
- Waxing/hair removal: avoid for 14 days.
- Facial treatments: avoid for 14 days.
- Exercise: avoid for 24 hours (avoid getting heated).
- Do not pick at your skin!
- No exfoliating products for five days.
- Increase your water intake to include at least eight glasses a day.
- Sun block is mandatory and should be reapplied every two hours.
- Do not use washcloths, or any other type of cloth on skin. Apply cleansers to clean hands.
- If you have any questions pre or post treatment, please feel free to contact us – we’re always here to help!
Are there any side effects? Is there any down time?
There is no real downtime with Aspect organic skin peels.
Immediately after the skin peel treatment, your face may be a little pink or red, but not so much that you will get stared at!
One to two days after your treatment, you skin may or may not peel or flake. This completely depends on your skin type, and it is NOT an indication as to whether your treatment has worked or not.
In very rare cases, some of the following side effects or complications can occur.
- Redness and swelling.
- Hyper pigmentation.
- Itching or irritation.
- Skin peeling or flaking for up to 14 days after the procedure.
- Acne breakouts.
If any of these happen to you, please contact the Rubywaxx therapist who administered your treatment for advice.
The face peel sounds interesting, but I’m not sure if this is for me, or if another kind of treatment would be better. How can I decide?
It’s important that you receive a treatment that helps you achieve your beauty goals, so contact Rubywaxx and arrange a free skin consultation to discuss your needs. Hyperlink to contact page
We’ll review the condition of your skin and what you’d like to achieve, and then formulate a customised treatment plan that suits your budget. We look forward to helping you achieve your beauty goals!
How can I get the most out of my Aspect face peel?
Part of your face peel treatment includes your therapist recommending take-home products from the Aspect skin care range to extend the benefits of your peel.
These take-home products are an integral part of your treatment, and the products recommended to you will be based on your skin’s needs.
Tell me more about Aspect skin care?
Aspect skin care products are from Advanced Skin Technology, which aims to provide the most technologically advanced rejuvenation treatments worldwide, and supply them to Australasian medical cosmetic and plastic surgery markets.
The Aspect skin care range has been developed for men and women who want a simple but effective skin care regime. Aspect cosmeceuticals are always free of parabens, sodium lauryl sulphate, propylene glycol, petrochemicals, artificial colours, and synthetic fragrances. And naturally Aspect is never tested on animals.