Anti-ageing treatments and products at Rubywaxx
Anti-ageing treatments and products
Here's your guide to anti-ageing treatments and products...
Although we all get older, it doesn’t mean we want to look it!
Here’s your guide to effective anti-ageing treatments and products from *rubywaxx*, an Auckland (New Zealand) based beauty therapy clinic specialising in anti-ageing treatments…
What are the best anti-ageing treatments?
The best anti-ageing treatment depends very much on your age, as the skin has different needs as we get older. As an overview, some of the most popular anti-ageing treatments are:
- Microhydrabrasion: Although not strictly an anti-ageing treatment, Microhydrabrasion deep cleans the skin in a way that normal cleansing and exfoliating can’t. This makes other treatments more effective, plus it refines your skin’s texture and clears blocked pores. Read more about microhydrabrasion.
- Aspect a-peeling treatments: Many people see visible results after just one skin peel treatment. The peel can be formulated to deal with acne, hyperpigmentation or provide anti-ageing benefits. Whichever peel you choose, your skin will look softer, plumper and smoother. Read more about these skin peels.
- Skin needling: Also known as collagen induction therapy, this is a great anti-ageing treatment as it stimulates the skin’s own collagen. As well as minimising wrinkles, skin needling also has a positive effect on pigmentation problems. Skin needling is suitable for all skin types. Read more about skin needling.
- IPL skin rejuvenation: A course of IPL treatments is the most effective way to treat many of the signs of ageing, such as fine lines, skin texture, enlarged pores, age spots, pigmentation, facial veins and redness. Read more about IPL.
- Botox and injectables: Botox®, Dysport® and dermal fillers are the go-to solution for more celebs – and for good reason: it works, and looks natural. Research has shown that early use of injectables can actually be a preventative measure against wrinkles. This is because continued stress (e. g. on frown lines) breaks down the structural integrity of the skin’s dermis. Starting Botox® early decreases stress on the skin and therefore helps prevent wrinkles from forming. Read more about injectables.
Which anti-ageing treatments are recommended for certain age groups?
The skin’s needs change as we age. Here are some suggested anti-ageing programs for different ages:
Anti-ageing treatments for 20-somethings
At this age, prevention is better than a cure. If you use good quality skincare products daily, then in ten years’ time you won’t look ten years older. Using sunscreen in summer is a must. That’s the one thing that’ll make the biggest difference as you get older.
Next, regular exfoliating, cleansing and moisturising will keep your skin glowing and have you looking your best. The products you use at home should be tailor-made to your skin’s needs (oily, combination, dry, prone to acne, etc.). And good in-salon treatments include facials, Aspect a-peeling treatments and microhydrabrasion.
Anti-ageing treatments for people in their 30s
By the time you reach your 30s, you might notice the odd fine line starting to appear, especially around your eyes or on your forehead. Continuing use of sunscreen is a must, but a good at-home skincare routine is crucial to keep further signs of ageing at bay. Be sure to exfoliate regularly, and cleansing, using serums and a good moisturiser and night cream is a must. You’ll find that in-salon anti-ageing treatments will boost your efforts in a way that at-home treatments can’t do by themselves. Consider:
- Microhydrabrasion to deep cleanse your skin.
- Aspect a-peeling treatments: these can be anti-ageing, fight pigmentation problems, or deal with acne. They are incredibly powerful treatments for the money.
- IPL is even more powerful than the Aspect peels for skin rejuvenation, and over a course of treatments can really zap fine lines, enlarged pores, age spots, pigmentation, facial veins and redness whilst improving skin texture.
- Skin needling is a great treatment to start in your 30s for eliminating wrinkles, as this anti-ageing treatment actually stimulates your skin to produce more collagen.
- It might seem a bit young to start having Botox® and injectables in your 30s, but studies are showing that starting with these anti-ageing injections early can actually keep the wrinkles at bay. It’s a good preventative step.
Anti-ageing treatments for those in their 40s and beyond
By now you’ll be used to a comprehensive at-home anti-ageing program with quality products and serums. And if in-salon anti-ageing treatments were a luxury in your 30s, you’ll probably find that they’ve taken on a new significance:
- Microhydrabrasion gets your skin clean and glowing.
- Aspect peels and IPL deal with those pesky signs of ageing you want to zap away.
- Skin needling is highly effective in minimising wrinkles and also in improving your skin’s texture.
- Many people choose to have regular Botox® and other injectables.
The upside: you don’t have to look your age. You have a choice!
What about anti-ageing treatments for men?
The tips above are just as relevant for men as for women. Ageing happens to us all, and what works for women is just as effective for men. Indeed, because men tend not to look after their skin so well (less serum and sunscreen use when young) means men often have worse skin than ladies. Plus regular shaving can dry out the skin, so good skincare really helps men who want to keep signs of ageing at bay.
What do you suggest as being the best anti-ageing products to use at home?
At *rubywaxx* we can’t rave enough about Aspect cosmeceuticals as anti-ageing products. We use them ourselves, and absolutely love them, because we can see that they make a visible difference. Aspect is an Australian made and owned range, and has been developed for men and women who want an effective home skincare program. The products are:
- Formulated with the highest concentrations of pure naturally derived botanicals and high-octane cosmeceutical correctives.
- Formulated with certified organic non-genetically modified ingredients wherever possible.
- Free of propylene glycol, mineral oils, petrochemicals and parabens.
- Free of artificial fragrances.
- Free of animal derived ingredients, and the products are never tested on animals - only people.
Why not use cheap supermarket skincare brands?
The cheaper skincare brands pay more for their advertising than for their ingredients. While all the advertising looks very enticing, and they mention some good ingredients, they are used in such small quantities that they won’t make much of a difference to your skin. On the other hand, Aspect is a salon-only brand, with very minimal advertising, but the results you get from using their products speak for themselves. They use the very best ingredients – and cram them into their anti-ageing skincare products!
Why choose *rubywaxx* as your anti-ageing clinic?
Here’s why you’ll be happy choosing *rubywaxx* as your anti-ageing clinic:
- Extensive testing: Any new anti-ageing treatments and products are tested thoroughly by Ruby, the owner of Rubywaxx, and her team. If a treatment or product doesn’t meet our expectations, then it won’t be offered to *rubywaxx* clients.
- On-going monitoring: Customer feedback is important, and if we get repeated negative feedback about a product or service (and it’s not down to any human error), we’ll withdraw it from our range. We only sell anti aging products that work.
- Experienced: *rubywaxx* is an experienced beauty therapy business of 17 years (and counting). We’re here for the long-term – and keeping our customers happy is a vital part of that.
- Ruby’s personal guarantee: All treatments are personally guaranteed by Ruby Francis, the owner of *rubywaxx*
What’s the next step to getting the best anti-ageing treatments?
Not sure which anti-ageing treatment is best for you?
If you’re not sure what’s best for you, please ask for a free consultation. We’ll be happy to discuss your skin’s needs to give you personalised advice to suit your needs and your budget. Just contact your preferred *rubywaxx* salon in Auckland.
Botox®, Dysport® and Xeomin® are Prescription Medicines containing 100, 500 and 100 (respectively) units of clostridium botulinum Type A toxin complex for injection. It is used for the treatment of severe frown lines of the face. It should be administered only by trained medical professionals. Arrange a consultation to discuss the benefits/risks of this procedure in appearance medicine. Cautions: people with defective neuromuscular transmission disorders, presence of infection at site of injection, glaucoma, pregnancy and lactation. Possible side effects include headaches, pain, burning or redness at injection site, local muscle weakness including drooping eyelids, lack of feeling and nausea. If you have side effects or concerns speak to a doctor. A charge applies. Note: Botox® and Dysport® treatment lasts about 4 months and after this time further courses of treatment could be necessary. Arrange a consultation to discuss your own situation.